This squad is designed for a higher age group of swimmers focusing on ages between 11-18 years. Members of this squad are encouraged to swim and attend a minimum of 4 sessions per week however those wishing to move into the Representative Program will need to discuss with the Assistant and Head Coach on recommended training sessions and requirements.
Swimmers will develop:
- The Technical/Skill development over all 4 strokes
- Increase in level of Aerobic capacity and swimming for longer distances
- Encouragement of intra-club and inter-club races and competitions
- Understanding of expectations and etiquette of training in a swimming squad
- Promotion of the sport and healthy lifestyles.
This squad will have a strong focus on technique and aerobic fitness capacity. Swimmers must be able to swim all 4 strokes efficiently. Swimmers looking to progress into the Representative Program must regularly attend club night as well as meet Silver or Gold squad requirements.
For swimmers to progress from this squad they must consistently demonstrate:
- Stroke technique in 4 strokes & streamlining
- Drill progressions in 4 strokes
- IM swimming
- All turns
- Starts in 4 strokes
- Correct finishes
- Paceclock work
- Lane discipline and etiquette
- Rules of sport
- Punctual start times and appropriate attitudes and behaviour for all sessions
- Stretching exercises
- Training equipment: fins, board, pull buoy, drink bottle, skipping rope
- Must swim to at least 5 individual Swimming Metro South West Qualifying times for 11 years old standards for their gender.
- Minimum age 11 years
Squad Qualifying Times
|Event||Qualifying Time Boys||Qualifying Time Girls|
|200 Individual Medley||
Training Times valid from 23rd July 2018