This squad is for swimmers that have achieved 1 individual NSW State Open Qualifying (excluding 50m events for under 18 years) time or 1 individual National Age/Open qualifying times. Swimmers must maintain standards within 12 months to remain in squad and must compete at State Open or National Championship events. This level of swimmer must be dedicated and focused on achievement and performance. Attending all training sessions on time & being enthusiastic, having a professional attitude. Swimmers must attend targeted meets. Regular consultation with the coach regarding goal setting, cross-training exercise, advance athlete monitoring and management are to be adhered to.
The following is expected of Gold swimmers:
- State Open/ National Team – Age & Open Nationals
- Attendance to these sessions as directed by coach
- Positive approach & mature attitude in training sessions must be shown in squad
- Results to achieve National Qualifying times are required
- Efficiency at slow speed is a prerequisite for efficiency at high speed
- Use of Test Sets
- Lane discipline and etiquette
- Swimmers must have a high level of competency in all of the above requirements of previous squad levels and must have high knowledge of the rules of the sport
- Review on swimmer’s performance will determine their ability to remain in the squad on a 6 month basis
- Maintain National or State Open Qualifying Times
Swimmers in Gold squad must manage assessment and school/education workloads effectively. If a swimmer is unable to make the required sessions due to injury or illness they are required to provide a doctors or allied health professional certificate detailing their return to training.
- Must be a financial member of Ripples St Marys Swimming Club
- Must hold at least 1 State Open or National Qualifying time (Pool or Open Water)
- Minimum age 12 years
- Must attend required sessions and swim meets
Swimmers within Silver and Gold will have a gym program included into their membership and sessions. Gym program will be developed and monitored by the (Health and Fitness Team Leader) as well as the Head Coach. Swimmers are to have a review of their gym program every six to eight weeks. Designated group fitness classes will be advised and incorporated into the dry-land component of training.
All swimmers across all squads are expected to conduct some form of rehabilitation and strength training be it at the centre or at home.
Squad Qualifying Times
Refer to current Swimming NSW State Championship Qualifying Times from the Swimming NSW website.
Training Times valid from 23rd July 2018
Required Swim Meets
- Swimming Metro South West Long Course Championships (2 Days)
- Swimming Metro South Wes Short Course Championships (2 Days)
- Compete at Coach Selected Metropolitan Qualified Events
- Compete at all State Qualified Events
- Compete at all National Qualified Events
- 1 other targeted swim meet each season