Aims to help you increase your physical health & wellbeing through physical exercise, nutrition & lifestyle management support. It is a continuous program & your health status is reevaluated every 3 months. There is a group class conducted twice a week with the schedule incorporating both Hydrotherapy and land based exercise. An Accredited Exercise Physiologist will conduct an initial assessment to ensure your suitability for the program. An Accredited Exercise Physiologist will reassess your health and progression every 3 months. An Accredited Exercise Physiologist will conduct the supervised group exercise classes. All participants are to obtain a medical certificate from their general practitioner prior to commencing the program.
Exercise Benefits for your Heart
An inactive lifestyle is one of the top risk factors for heart disease. Regular physical activity has many benefits, including:
- Strengthens your heart & cardiovascular system
- Improves circulation & helps your body use oxygen more efficiently
- Improves heart failure symptoms
- Increases energy levels
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves muscle tone, strength, balance & joint flexibility
- Strengthens bones
- Reduces body fat percentage and helps you reach a healthy weight
- Reduces stress, tension, anxiety and depression
- Improves sleeping patterns
Who Can Attend?
This program is applicable to any individual who has any of the following heart conditions:
- Myocardial Infarction (ST or NON ST segment elevation myocardial infarction)
- Stable or unstable angina
- Controlled heart failure
- Any other vascular/heart disease
- Revascularization procedures including CABG, pacemaker.
You must have a referral from any rehabilitation program in the districts hospitals or by your doctor.
When Are The Classes Conducted?
The supervised group class is conducted on a Tuesday at 6pm and Thursday at 2:00pm. Eligible patients are able to attend the centre individually on approval from an Exercise Physiologist.
Cost of the Program?
$35 per month which includes full access to the hydrotherapy centre, gym, group fitness classes and the main centre’s pool, sauna & spa facilities.
You receive a FREE initial assessment as well as follow up assessments every 2 months by an Exercise Physiologist. The initial assessment needs to be conducted prior to commencing the program.
f you would like any further information on this program please visit the centre & speak with our Accredited Exercise Physiologists.