Does your patient suffer from a work related soft tissue injury – Back pain / strain, spinal surgery, musculoskeletal injuries, fracture or crush injury?
Exercise sessions will be strictly run by one of our WorkCover NSW Accredited Exercise Physiologists in the therapeutic hydrotherapy pool with a progression then made to a land based program in our newly renovated gym. Our Exercise Physiology services can be accessed through Work Cover referral (rehabilitation or return to work program).
HOW AN ACCREDITED EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST CAN WORK WITH THE CLIENT
- Provide an Exercise Physiology Management Plan (EPMP) to help worker return to pre-injury duties
- Provide treatment designed to improve functional status and promotion of self-management
- Liaising with Nominated Treating Doctor and Case Manager
HOW THE CLIENT CAN WORK WITH THEIR DOCTOR
- Ask for information about what to expect of the injury, pain and recovery
- Ask the doctor about returning to work as early as possible. This promotes recovery
- Talk to the doctor about any concerns (i.e. pain, job demands and any changes in lifestyle/work)
- Ask for advice if unsure, how to stay active and a possible referral to a Ripples Accredited Exercise Physiologist
SERVICES PROVIDED BY RIPPLES HYDROTHERAPY CENTRE AND THEIR ACCREDITED EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGISTS
- Access to a hydrotherapy pool purely used for rehabilitation purposes
- Access to gymnasium and group based room for progression to land based exercises
- AEP’s will provide an assessment and screening, program writing and implementation of rehabilitation exercises that promote recovery