This squad level is for representative Ripples Swim Club swimmers that have achieved NSW State Championship level. Swimmers MUST achieve 1 Individual State Qualifying Time in any event excluding 50m. This squad of swimmers must be dedicated and focused on achievement and performance. Swimmers are required to attend all training sessions on time. Having a professional attitude is important for this squad. Swimmers must attend targeted meets. Swimmers will have seasonal consultation with the coach regarding goal setting, cross-training & training. 14 years & over gym program is introduced.
The following is expected of Silver squad swimmers:
- Split work
- Pull/kick work
- Speed work
- Use pace/ stroke rate/ stroke count/ heart rate sets
- Responsible for own equipment
- Positive approach & mature attitude in training sessions must be shown in squad
- Goal setting
- Lane discipline and etiquette
- High level of competence and knowledge from previous squad requirements
- Strength, flexibility and gym training, time management and recovery plans
Swimmers looking to progress into Gold squad are required to meet all Gold squad criteria. Swimmers in Silver squad must manage assessment and school loads effectively. If a swimmer is unable to make the required sessions due to injury or illness they are required to provide a doctors or allied health professional certificate detailing their return to training.
- Must be a financial member of Ripples St Marys Swimming Club
- Must hold at least 1 State Qualifying time (excluding 50m events) or 2 Metropolitan Qualifying times (excluding 50m events)
- Minimum age 12 years
- Must attend required sessions and swim meets
Swimmers within Silver and Gold will have a gym program included into their membership and sessions. Gym program will be developed and monitored by the (Health and Fitness Team Leader) as well as the Head Coach. Swimmers are to have a review of their gym program every six to eight weeks. Designated group fitness classes will be advised and incorporated into the dry-land component of training.
All swimmers across all squads are expected to conduct some form of rehabilitation and strength training be it at the centre or at home.
Squad Qualifying Times
Refer to current Swimming NSW State Championship Qualifying Times from the Swimming NSW website.
Required Swim Meets
- Swimming Metro South West Long Course Championships (2 Days)
- Swimming Metro South Wes Short Course Championships (2 Days)
- Compete at all Metropolitan Qualified Events
- Compete at all State Qualified Events
- 2 other targeted swim meet each season