PARENT & CHILD CLASSES
Our Infants program is designed to develop water awareness and confidence for both the child and the parent through a variety of fun interactive games, songs and activities. We do this by providing a positive and encouraging environment where the parent and child can strengthen their bond even further.
A crucial aspect of this program is water safety; much emphasis is placed on teaching safe entries and exits, floating, recoveries, breathing, kicking and eventually submersion and is a collaborative teaching effort between teacher and the parent to teach the infant to swim.
Research shows that infants that have participated in swimming demonstrate an increased physical and psychological development, improved concentration, movement, independence and social skills and it aids their muscle growth.
For children aged 4 – 6 months
For children aged 6 – 12 months
For children aged 12 – 24 months
For children aged 2 – 3 years
6-8 per class (parents in the water)
TIPS FOR PARENTS:
- Arrive early so you and your child are relaxed, prepared and to ensure lessons run on schedule.
- Come Prepared – pack your bag with all the essentials including your swimmers, your child’s swimmers, aqua nappies, towels, nappy changing needs, snacks for the child and other necessary items.
- Avoid feeding your child immediately before your lesson.
- Ensure you adhere to our Aqua Nappy Policy (listed below).
- Read through the Hydrotherapy Centre Guidelines for Parent and Child Classes.
- Talk positive and encouraging to your child and maintain good eye contact, this will have a calming influence over them.
- Make sure you have a warm set of clothes for them after the lesson.
- Make the most of the class, sing your heart and have fun with it. It is just as rewarding experience for the parent as it is for the child.
In accordance with the NSW Department of Health regulations it is compulsory for all babies and children who are not toilet trained to wear either ‘Aqua Nappies’ or ‘Little Swimmers’ whilst in the water to avoid accidents and pool closures from occurring. Any child without either of these will be refused entry. Little Swimmers are available for purchase from the Pool Shop located at Reception.