Ripples Special Needs program caters for students with mild to severe disabilities of all ages and swimming abilities. We offer private tuition, small group based classes as well as integration pathways into our mainstream program.
Our dedicated instructors that deliver this program are all certified in AUSTSWIM’s Access and Inclusion qualification and deliver each class with a caring and supportive approach. Instructors will modify skills as necessary and always use discretion to ensure a positive and rewarding experience.
Water based activities have endless benefits for persons with special needs including:
- Water allows a full range of movement without excessive strain
- The massaging effects of the water increases circulation and promotes relaxation
- It builds strength and flexibility and improves cardio-respiratory fitness
- Provides independence and freedom of movement within the water
- Helps build confidence and self esteem
For more information about this program please complete the enquiry form on the right hand and we’ll be in contact with you soon.
Private lessons provide more personalised attention for the student to aid their progression. Whether to pick up on a few techniques to improve skills, for an individualised approach to working on fears, or anxieties around the water, or for preparation of specific swimming events…
Private lessons are available upon request and are suitable for all ages and abilities.