Become a Learn to Swim Instructor!
- Written by: Kate Bradshaw Ripples NSW (02) 9833 3000 (02) 9833 3311 email@example.com https://www.ripplesnsw.com.au Charles Hackett Drive St Marys NSW 2760 Australia
Are you interested in helping the community by providing fantastic customer service and teaching swimmers essential safety skills?
We recruit for Learn to Swim Instructors all year round and positions include Permanent Full time and Part time, Seasonal, and Casual Lifeguards.
What are the benefits of becoming a Learn to Swim Instructor at Ripples?
You'll be joining a diverse workforce of 1000+ staff across Penrith City Council representing more than 60 professions; access to salary packaging options; support for further study, training and skills development. You will also recieve free access to Ripples venues and the opportunity to sign up for Fitness Passport.
Commencing salary (2023-24) can start at;
- Part Time - $28.98 per hour, plus 11% superannuation
- Casual - $29.98 per hour, plus 25% casual loading
What do I need to become a Learn to Swim Instructor?
To become a Learn to Swim instructor, you need to have some aquatic fitness. You need to be friendly, observant and willing to participate in a team environment.
You also need to have;
- Learn to Swim Instructor qualification
- Valid CPR and First Aid qualifications
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Double vaccination against COVID-19, or hold a medical contraindication certificate
- You may also be subject to a background check
How do I apply?
To apply to become a Learn to Swim Instructor, check if we have an open recruitment round by viewing our Current Opportunities.
If a round is open, please apply on the job advertisement, remembering to attach your Resume, Cover Letter, copies of qualifications and 2 professional references (cannot be family members or friends). Once the round closes, we will review your application and be in contact if we would like to proceed to an interview. View more information regarding the application process.