Become a Lifeguard!
- Written by: Kate Bradshaw Ripples NSW (02) 9833 3000 (02) 9833 3311 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.ripplesnsw.com.au Charles Hackett Drive St Marys NSW 2760 Australia
Are you interested in helping the community by providing fantastic customer service and critical patron safety to our members and guests within our pools?
We recruit for lifeguards all year round and positions include Permanent Full time and Part time, Seasonal, and Casual Lifeguards.
What are the benefits of becoming a Lifeguard at Ripples?
You'll be joining a diverse workforce of 1000+ staff across Penrith City Council representing more than 60 professions; access to salary packaging options; support for further study, training and skills development. You will also recieve free access to Ripples venues and the opportunity to sign up for Fitness Passport.
Commencing salary (2023-24) can start at;
- Full Time - $57,276 per annum, plus 11% superannuation
- Part Time - $28.98 per hour, plus 11% superannuation
- Casual - $29.98 per hour, plus 25% casual loading
What do I need to become a Lifeguard?
To become a lifeguard, you need to have some aquatic fitness and be able to perform techniques on the floor for an extended period of time, including uninterrupted CPR. You need to be friendly, observant and willing to participate in a team environment.
You also need to have;
- A Pool Lifeguard Statement of Attainment
- Valid CPR and First Aid qualifications
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Double vaccination against COVID-19, or hold a medical contraindication certificate
- You may also be subject to a background check
A main provider of the Pool Lifeguard Statement of Attainment is Royal Life Saving Australia, who run courses regularly in NSW to complete your lifeguard qualifications, as well as CPR and First Aid. View more information regarding Pool Lifeguard through Royal Life
How do I apply?
To apply to become a Lifeguard, check if we have an open recruitment round by viewing our Current Opportunities.
If a round is open, please apply on the job advertisement, remembering to attach your Resume, Cover Letter, copies of qualifications and 2 professional references (cannot be family members or friends). Once the round closes, we will review your application and be in contact if we would like to proceed to an interview. View more information regarding the application process.